7.25.2011

Designing a Market Stand on a Dime - Aspen Part 2

The Aspen Farmer's Market with picturesque Ajax mountain in the background

My first day of the market was the 4th of July weekend. I think other vendors will attest to this being a weird day for sales. Tons of people, but not a whole lot of buyers. I've had the same experience at the Heritage Festival in VA for the previous two 4ths. I was a little down after the first day of slow sales, but I still had one more Saturday and hope.

Day 1

Day 1

Day 1

After evaluating how I had the stand set up the first day I decided to change it up my second Saturday at the market. I moved the colorful Guatemalan scarves and baby outfits to the front of my stand, opening up the side for people to have two places to enter and exit. I also took down the backdrop and posters (they blew around too much the first day). Other than that I didn't change anything. I'm happy to report sales the second day were knocked out of the park.

Day 2

Day 2

Day 2 - Guatemalan scarves and baby clothes

Day 2 - Guatemalteca

Day 2 - Crocheted Headphones

Day 2 - Knitwear

Day 2

Day 2 - Jewelry found in Guatemala

Day 2 - Felted Soap

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
1 09 10